Assam Police Recruitment 2018 | Sub-Inspector(Un-Armed Branch)
Assam Police Recruitment 2018: Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up of 130 existing vacancies in the rank of Sub – Inspector of police(UB) in the pay scale of Rs.14000-49000 (Pay Band No.2) plus Rs.8700 Grade pay plus other allowances as admissible under the rules. Applications must be submitted online through the Assam police website(www.assampolice.gov.in). The Online applications will be received with effect from 17/04/2018 and the last date of receiving applications will be 17/05/2018. No applications will be received thereafter.
Name of Post: Sub-Inspector(Un-Armed Branch)
No of Post:130
Age: Candidates should not be more than 24 years and less than 20 years of age as on 1st January 2018.(candidates must be born on or before 01/01/1998 and on or after 01/01/1989.
Relaxation: Upper age limit is relaxable by 05(five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC, ST(H) and ST(P).(Candidates must be on born before 01/01/1998 and on or after 01/01/1989)
Education Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate in Arts, Science, Commerce or equivalent stream from a recognized college/Institution affiliated to a recognized University.
a) Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC: Male -162.56 cm, Female-154.94 cm
b)ST(H)/ST(P): Male 160.02 cm,Female 152.40 cm
Chest(Only for men)
a)Gen/OBC/MOBC/ST/SC(P):Normal 80 cm , Expanded 85 cm
b)ST(H) : Normal 78 cm , Expanded 85 cm
A) General: Candidates must not have squint eyes, and should possess high color vision. Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification. He/She must be in good mental and physical health. He /she must be free from any physical deformities and free from diseases such as diabetes, hernia, piles, respiratory disease or any other ailment that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
b)Eye Sight: The distant vision should be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer than 6/9 for the efficient performance of duties.
Assam Police Recruitment 2018:
Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respects will be called for a written test will be conducted in all the District Headquarters. The candidates will have to appear for the written test in the district of his/her present residential address. The Chairman reserve the right to change the venue of the test and no representations etc. will be entertained in this regard. Before entering the examinations center, biometrics of each candidate will be done.
The written test will be completely OMR based. There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1(One) mark. There will be negative marking of 1/2 mark each wrong answer. The question will set in three parts (I) Logical reasoning, aptitude, comprehension (II) Mattress relating to History and Culture of Assam and India and (III) General Knowlege. Candidates will use black or dark blue ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet. Duration of the test will be of 3 hours.
Candidates numbering only 5 times the number of posts in respect of each category(Unreserved, ST(P), ST(H), OBC/MOBC) both male & female will be called for PST (Physical Standard Test) and PET (Physical Efficiency Test) on merit basis. A list will be published in the Assam police Website as well as in leading dailies of Assam.
- Testimonials/Documents to be submitted when appearing in PST / PET: The Candidates should bring a set of attested photocopies along with the original of the following documents/material for verification by the Selection Committee on the date of PST/PET. Candidates falling to bring the original will not be considered for such qualifications as claimed by him/her and no further rectifications will be entertained after the test Date.
- Certificate of proof of age (H.S.L.C/equivalent Admit Card)
- Certificate of HSLC or equivalent examination.
- Certificate of Graduation ( BA/B.SC/B.Com or equivalent) (Pass certificate as well as mark sheet in original)
- Certificate of additional qualification such a degree /Diploma Certificate from recognized/accredited etc.(pass certificate as well as mark sheet in original)
- Certificate of Sports/Games etc(For which the candidate would be claiming weighage of marks.)
- Experience of service in home Gaurd and Certificate of NCC including the certificate of medals/Republic day participation Certificate etc.
- Certificate of Caste from the competent authority in respect of the candidates belonging to ST(P)/ST(H)/SC/OBC/MOBC.
- 2 copies of same passport size photograph which was uploaded in the online application.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online through Assam police website www.assampolice.gov.in. No other forms of application will be entertained.A facilitation center will be opened in the office of the District Superintended of police in each District with a staff to help the candidates in submitting online applications. There is no applications fee.
Candidates will be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport Size Photograph.
- Certificate of proof of age.(H.S.L.C/equivalent Admit Card)
- Certificate of caste/Tribe
- Certificate of Graduation.(B.A/B.SC/B.Com or equivalent)
Assam Police Recruitment 2018:
Click here to apply online:
Click here to download official advertisement: